donderdag 6 februari 2014

Liquids




Do you ever feel like the world is melting? 



I've always had this strange fasination with liquids. Especially those viscous ones. They make it seem like the world is slowing down, as they lazily flow back and forth. It calmed and anaesthetized me. It reminded me of drowning. Floating in fluid, hearing the subdued sounds coming from the surface softly in the background. 

"Do you want pancakes?" A voice said, sudden and clear. I looked up and found him leaning against the kitchen counter, munching on some cereal. I looked back at the bottle of syrup in my hands and shook no. He chuckled.
"Why is it then that you've been looking at it for like half an hour or so?" I shrugged, not really feeling like talking. He swallowed one last time and put down his bowl.
"Where do you want to go today?" I looked up at him, surprised.
"Yes, we are." He said. It was strange how he already could read my thoughts when they hadn't even formed a sentence in my mind yet. It was strange, but in a nice an relaxing way. It .meant that I wouldn't have to talk to say.
"We could go to the forest if you want. Or into town. Do you need anything?" I shook my head. The forest sounds nice though. It would probably look wonderful at this time of year.
"That's settled than." He said grinning.
"If we leave not to long from now we can have have a drink in one of the cafes if you want." I liked the idea, but I didn't want him spending any more money on me then he already was.
"And you can leave your wallet home, because I'm paying, whether you like it or not." He said giving me a 'stern' look before he disappeared around the corner. I sighed at looked back at the syrup. I was not as hypnothysing as before. It was now just an everyday bottle, filled with a extremely sweet substance. It funny how things seem to change in less than a second. But in fact, it was the same syrup as it was before. The only difference was the way in which I looked at it. I just had trouble figuring out which one was reality.

A chapter of a story I'm writing on. 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten